Thursday, January 14, 2010

First ever...


This year I made a couple of decisions. I made the choice to really read the Bible through in a year. I started last year and got to day 5. I am doing better this year. I am actually on the right day. I also made the choice to blog. I would have started earlier but it took me this long to decide on my blog name.
I guess you need a reason to read my blog so I will attempt to lure with all my sanguine personality I can. Here is a break down of a serious note.We have decided that our life was to complicated to enjoy so we are pursuing to live a simpler life. We desire to live off the land and be more creative. We want to have a paid for home in a short amount of time. We were sucked into the rat race and thought to have stuff once meant we were devoted Christians.The more or bigger or nicer the stuff, the more faith we supposedly had. We have been on a journey this year and have learned to have love and live it and then give it to others is what it is all about.

On a lighter note my life is so crazy right now it's almost 2 am I am writing and my 2 year old son wakes up with a spark in his eye as he runs to his toys and begins a conversation of play with them. Oh boy, Where did his schedule go wrong today? He was up at 8:30 and took a good nap. I put him to bed around 8:30 so normally or a normal child would still be asleep right???

My wonderful daughter Talya is seven and quite the crafty one. I asked her to do the laundry, which for her is separate her clothes from every one's and hang her clothes up. She quite cleverly says "Mom could you come and take your stuff out of this basket and put them in this basket (pointing to another)?" I actually didn't catch it at first then stopped and said "Wait if I do that all that is left is your clothes". Talya then snickered.

My heart goes out to the people in Haiti today.

No comments:

Post a Comment