Monday, January 18, 2010

Help me puppy....

Some times we are all in a situation where we just need a little help and really we would probably be willing to take it from anyone or in some cases any animal. Last Night my dear sweet son was sent to bed or taken rather forcibly to his bed. As I sat him on the edge of the bed trying to convince the wild child it was bed time indeed, he slings himself backwards on the bed as hard as he can landing nearly on our dear dog (a Min-Schnauzer) Molly. Molly has been with us for 5 years so such outbreaks are rather normal for her and in most cases never even budge her to moving. As Chi lands beside her he reaches both arms up around Molly's neck and so sweetly says with a sobering cry "Help me Puppy Help me". Molly didn't help of course, but in turn licks him sweetly. As I pick up my son and lay him on his pillow all I can think is well at least he can vocalize his feelings and wants.



Our quest for getting simpler and enjoying life with peace is starting off to be not so easy. I can't help but wonder why? Is it the wrong path and God is trying to tell us that. Or is it the right path and the devil is trying to stop us. Ha Ha or is it just the mere fact we live in this crazy world. The fact we as a human race have turned our thoughts to complexity and do not know how to function without such. I don't know. Although, I know that anytime you go against the grain or flow you are going to get resistance. I guess pressing through depends on how bad you want something.
I think the more we plan and more we invest our time in things that draw us away from our home the less our lives can be peaceful. Don't get me wrong, I love to be out of the home and go shopping or play volleyball or ride bikes. I just feel that being home more can be relaxing. I am having to train my brain that. I grew up in a home that was always on the go, so being gone for me is second nature. I just see the need for a sanctuary.
On a side note, I have made several crappy decisions in the past. I am hoping I have learned from those mistakes. I am hoping that each crappy choice has led me to knowledge of making a future good choices in those situations. In all cases, God is granting me wisdom through his word. I just need to seek it, as a matter of fact I need to go read right now. So Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment